I am inspired by the natural world around us. Growing up in the Swedish forest made a deep impact on me. An impact that I carry with me as an artist and art teacher.
Besides nature, I am inspired by different cultures from around the world. The shortest way to learn more about oneself, is by acquainting oneself with people from other walks of life.
My five-month journey through Japan (including a 1200 km pilgrimage on foot around the island of Shikoku) in 2014 has been a major source of inspiration. I allow for these impressions to speak through some of my work.
- BA Art Education – ArtEZ, Arnhem (2012-2018)
- BSc Cultural Anthropology – University of Amsterdam (2007-2012)
- Ceramics – Arts & Crafts school Capellagården, Sweden (2006-2007
- Art teacher at ARTIS-Ateliers, Amsterdam (2017-present)
- Museum Educator at Hermitage, Amsterdam (2018-present)
- Art projects at schools (Alphons Laudy, Prof. Dr. Gunningschool
- Bi-annual bird magazine De Scharrelaar (April 2019)
- Huisartsenpraktijk in Doorwerth (2016-2018)
- Final examinations at ArtEZ (2017)
- University of Applied Sciences HAN, Nijmegen (2018)
- National prize for promising new initiatives for designing a series of art lessons, awarded by Mediacultuur in the Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam (2015)